This Halloween, don’t get spooked by cavities! Trick-or-treating can be a blast, but guzzling down buckets of candy won’t be. Here is a quick checklist to see if you are prepared for the perfect Halloween without any of the toothaches or upset tummies that follow:
– Do you visit your dentist at least every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning?
– Are you limiting yourself to sweets at mealtime, by skipping out on between-meal snack time?
– Have you been opting for healthier options, when candy is present?
– Do you avoid hard candies or sticky candies, due to an increased risk of tooth decay?
– Do you brush after eating sugary sweets, to prevent plaque buildup?
– Do you typically use cleaning products that are dentist-approved, or with an ADA Seal of Acceptance?
– Have you ever prepared for Halloween with a Candy Plan, often used to prevent yourself and your family from going overboard?
– Do you dispose of any additional candy after the holiday, to prevent snacking on sugary sweets for weeks?
– Do you avoid highly acidic foods, such as sour candies?
If you answered yes to all nine questions, congratulations! You are well on your way to being a Halloween hygiene superstar!
For more information, or to make an appointment for yourself, please call Dr. Bruce Westover in Cottonwood, Arizona, at 928-634-5566 to talk to a member of our team.
From all of us at Dr. Bruce Westover, have a blast this Halloween!