Bruxism is sleep-related disorder often characterized by the grinding and clenching of your teeth. In many situations. Individuals have no idea they grind their teeth at night, but there are some signs and symptoms to look for. If you wake up with jaw pain and headaches you may be grinding your teeth at night. For a few other symptoms to look for, here is a sampling of commonly associated symptoms of bruxism:
– Grinding or clenching your teeth loudly while you sleep could be a sign of bruxism.
– Teeth that are heavily worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– Tooth enamel that has been worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– An increase in tooth sensitivity could be a sign of bruxism.
– Jaw pain, face pain, and dull headaches could be signs of bruxism.
– Indentations on your tongue or damage to your inner cheek tissue caused by your teeth could be signs of bruxism.
– A locked jaw that cannot open or close completely could be a sign of bruxism.
Dr. Bruce Westover has a highly-qualified staff to help you fight bruxism. If you would like an appointment with Dr. Bruce Westover to discuss treatment options, please contact a member of our team at 928-634-5566. Our office is located in Cottonwood, Arizona. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for!