Did you know that gum disease can be caused by numerous risks including lifestyle habits, your diet, and genetic predispositions? Even though numerous risks are present for gum disease, it is important to have it treated immediately. However, spotting it is often the key to determine if gum disease is present. Listed below are few common symptoms that can arise:
– If you are regularly suffering from bad breath, also known as halitosis, gum disease may be present.
– If your teeth are extra sensitive or seem to be moving out of position, gum disease may be responsible.
– If your gums are pulling back away from your teeth, and it looks like they are receding and exposing more of a tooth’s root, gum disease may be the cause.
– Visible symptoms connected to gum disease include loose or separating teeth as well as pus or sores.
– Look for symptoms of damaged gums that are regularly bleeding, especially after highly sensitive procedures such as eating, brushing, or flossing.
– Gum disease can promote painful chewing symptoms when eating.
If you require aid with a gum disease treatment, you are welcome to book an appointment with Dr. Bruce Westover by calling 928-634-5566. Dr. Bruce Westover and our entire team at our dentist office in Cottonwood, Arizona, look forward to enhancing your smile with gum disease treatments.