As the holiday season wraps us up in its festive glow, we must avoid unnecessary risks which can easily damage our teeth or gums. The more preventative the plans that you can establish are, the less likely you are to suffer an oral accident this holiday season.
Don’t let the festive season create any oral accidents. Here are some excellent holiday health care tips to enjoy:
– Protect your teeth with a mouth guard or facemask from dangerous outdoor activities such as skiing, sledding, hockey, and ice skating.
– Be sure to brush and floss with extra care if you enjoy holiday sweets such as chewy candy, candy canes, peppermint bark, peanut brittle, popcorn balls, or gummy sweets. Many holiday snacks can easily stick to your teeth and gums and are more difficult to remove.
– Don’t bite down on anything that can easily chip or crack teeth, such as icicles or jumbo candy canes.
– If you are looking for a great snack to enhance your smile, sugarless gum has been shown to fight against the effects of cavities when chewed for over 20 minutes after a meal.
– Avoid sugary drinks that seek to promote tooth decay.
If you have suffered from an oral accident or simply wish for a professional cleaning from our dentist, please contact our office in Cottonwood, Arizona, at 928-634-5566. You can also schedule an appointment with Dr. Bruce Westover. We look forward to making your smile merry for the holidays!