Would you agree that you have excellent oral health care? Is your smile at the pinnacle of oral health perfection or are you at the bottom of the hill? No matter your current level of oral hygiene, there are always more you could be doing to ensure your oral health care can thrive, so your smile can shine for many years to come. The finer details of oral health care include some of the following suggestions:
– Make sure to use safety equipment when playing contact sports or other high-risk activities.
– Try to avoid snacking between meals.
– Always follow instructions and guidelines offered by your dentist.
– Stay away from medications that can cause dry mouth and tooth decay.
– Floss between your teeth and gums every day.
– Consider supplementing your oral health care routine with mouthwash or sugarless gum after meals.
– Circumvent bad oral health care habits such as smoking and drugs.
– Focus on eating healthy meals every day, avoiding sugary snacks and indulging in foods high in calcium, phosphorus, and other enamel-saving minerals.
– Attend scheduled checkups with your dentist for professional cleanings and oral health exams.
– Regularly brush your tongue along with your teeth to keep it clean.
If you would like to set up an appointment to discuss your possible oral health care treatments with Dr. Bruce Westover and our team, please call 928-634-5566 to set up a visit to our dentist office in Cottonwood, Arizona. We look forward to seeing you soon!